Basic information of the sector
The jurisdiction of the Ministry in the field of film art is:
- Promote sustainable development and competitiveness of the film industry of Latvia;
- To promote audiovisual creative work and accessibility and dissemination of audiovisual heritage in Latvia and in the world;
- To coordinate participation of the film industry in the European support programs for the film industry;
- To register film producers, distributors and distribution sites as well as according to jurisdiction to perform supervision and control of the film distribution sector;
- To develop a data base of the film industry;
- To maintain, manage and develop museum collection in the field of Latvian audiovisual culture as part of the National museum collection;
- To carry out scientific research of the museum collection in the field of audiovisual culture of Latvia;
- To carry out educational work and inform different target audiences about the audiovisual culture of Latvia;
- To ensure that the museum collection in the field of Latvian audiovisual culture would be accessible to the community.
National Film Centre, Peitavas 10, Riga. Phone: +371 67358878, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.